The Ortley Beach Voters and Taxpayers Association (OBVTA) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to improve the quality of life in the Township of Toms River, NJ section known as Ortley Beach, NJ.
OBVTA has been in existence for many years. Records date back to the 1950s. We are a local neighborhood association providing information and services to residents of Ortley Beach.
Following superstorm Sandy our membership swelled to over 750 family and business members. We provide continuous information to our members on the rebuilding efforts since the super storm struck us over 10 years ago and essentially destroyed our entire community and its infrastructure. We liaise and work with Toms River, Ocean County, NJ DOT, NJ DEP, our NJ state legislators and even our US congress representatives to optimally rebuild and maintain this town. OBVTA was largely responsible for collaborating with the NJ DEP to obtain the necessary easements to allow the current dune system to be built. We continue to do everything possible to be sure that our dunes and beach are maintained by Toms River and the US Army Corps of Engineers. We constantly communicate with Toms River to obtain the best possible services for our barrier island.
Once a month we hold meetings on Saturday mornings at the Moose Lodge on Bay Blvd where neighbors can meet and share information.
You can find more information on the website at “About Us”, or by attending one of our monthly meetings (see Meetings tab).
Please join our organization. Meet your neighbors, have some fun and help make Ortley Beach a better place to live and play.
You may renew your OBVTA membership, or join as a new member, using one of the methods below:
RENEWALS You may renew using any of the 4 methods below:
1) To renew your OBVTA membership (June to June each year) by credit card using our OBVTA membership system, (processed by GlueUp), please use the payment button below and use your email address to log in (and set up your GlueUp account, if necessary). If you are asked to submit a photo or set up your Company details use the “Skip” button at the bottom of the page.
2) To renew your OBVTA membership (June to June) by PayPal or by credit card, (processed by PayPal), please use the payment button below. Please be sure to provide your email address, your contact phone number and your Ortley Beach address.
3) To renew your current OBVTA membership (June to June) using a paper form and to mail your payment by check, please print, complete and mail the form at the link below with your annual payment of only $30 (address on form).
4) If you do not have access to a printer and cannot pay online, simply mail a check for $30 to OBVTA, PO Box 223, Lavallette, NJ 08735. Please be sure to include an email address, your Ortley Beach address and a phone number in case we need to reach you.
If you wish to join OBVTA as a NEW member, please use one of the 2 methods below:
1) Use the button below which will establish your OBVTA Glue-Up membership profile and enable you to pay the annual fee of $30 by credit card. The Glue-Up system will be used for all memberships beginning in 2021, so it is best to use this method to join as a new member.
Please note that in the New Member application form your “Company Name” will be your Family Last Name. By treating each Family as a “Company” your can have multiple family members and multiple email addresses all under your one Family (“Company”) membership for the $30 annual fee. The Membership term is June to June of each year. Payment now is good until June 2024.
or 2) Use the paper form at the link below. Please print, complete and mail the form with your annual payment, by check, of only $30 (use address on form).